Sunday, March 2, 2008

TEACHING A CLASS...

I am currently teaching a Block of the Month Class at Traditional Pastimes in Calgary, Alberta. The pattern is All Things Christmas by Bunny Hill Designs. The quilt is a mixture of pieced blocks and applique - our class is going to machine applique the blocks rather than hand applique them; but, the pattern has such big shapes that the blocks would be easy to hand applique. Most of the fabric being used is from a line from Moda called Roman Holiday... it is a really cute line of fabric that does not have traditional Christmas Colors and has a real folk art look. I generally like to pick my own fabrics for quilts - but I just LOVED the way this quilt turned out with Moda Fabrics! The class is running for four sessions and I have decided to make the quilt along with my students because I really love the little quilt so much. What really made it easy is that the shop has kitted the entire quilt - so each block has the fabric all ready to go PLUS Traditional Pastimes also includes a list of what fabric goes with what block or applique.
I finished Block One, Block Two,and Block Three but haven't done any of the embellishing yet on the blocks.
That is done easier after it is machine quilted so that the quilter (who will be me) won't catch any of the embellishments. Stay tuned over the months to see how this little gem is progressing.


1 comment:

joshua said...

I feel compeled to say, because it's true, that this is one of the very best blogs I've ever visited yet!

Congrats!

PALAVROSSAVRVS REX