Wednesday, March 19, 2008

New Quilt

I have decided to make a new quilt!! I am currently in a swap on Block Swap and am receiving Civil War Reproduction Quilt Blocks in that swap. I have received my first block and think it is just wonderful. I have decided to make some more blocks from Civil War Reproduction Fabrics to add to the blocks I will be receiving each month. The blocks are from the book, Kansas Spirit, by Jeanne Poore. This book has 15 patterns for Kansas historical quilt blocks and the blocks are given in 6" and 12" sizes - so there is a choice for what size quilt you would like to make. My blocks are 12".










The first block that I have made is called Centennial Star, also known as Autograph and represents the centennial of the state of Kansas. As I receive new blocks I will post them, as well as my "companion blocks"; it should take no time at all to get this quilt going! I just love civil war reproduction fabrics and have been collecting them for a year or so.. I finally have a stash to start this project!
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
What's important in life is how we treat each other
Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Gosh I like that block...especially the pinwheel in the middle. Is there a name for that particular block?