Friday, February 1, 2008

QUICK LITTLE QUILT

I made this quick little baby quilt over the last few days using a simple block from EQ6 called LeMoyne Single Irish Chain. I really love quilts made from simple blocks - they are one of my favorite type of quilt to make - I guess because they are quick!! I also really like two color quilts - another reason why I love vintage quilts.




I haven't used EQ6 that much but I do enjoy being able to grab a quick block to make a quilt. I have made a couple of other projects on EQ6. The quilt to the left is my Nine-Patch and Leaf Quilt desgined on EQ6. I had taken part in a nine-patch exchange at my guild and designed this pattern to use the nine-patches, but it looks like i will have to make a whole lot more nine-patches for this quilt - I'm about 80 blocks short - LOL.



The other quilt that I designed on EQ6 is a Cival War Quilt - I will use my collection of reproduction fabrics . It will be a scrappy quilt and I am quite happy with this pattern.

Neither one of these quilts are in my UFO list yet, because they are patterns only - I suppose I need a new list - UFO Pattern List! LOL

Thought for the Day
Be Polite!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with the UFO Pattern list! I also have EQ6 and it just makes it so easy to design more quilts that I could possibly ever make.