Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Sun is Shining.....


but it is still -30 degrees (celsius) - BUT, we are in for some warmer weather. This picture was taken the other day when we were having a snow storm. It is the view outside my quilt studio - I was thinking if we got any more snow I wouldn't be able to go up the stairs - LOL. This has been the coldest weather in these parts for a few years - of course, the year we move!! I have been busy quilting customer quilts and getting ready for my yearly retreat with friends. We will be retreating at North Bow Lodge on the beautiful Bow River, just an hour outside Calgary, next weekend. I am looking forward to finishing my Baltimore Bunnies that I have been doing for soooo long. I have just the borders to machine applique and then put it together.
Thought for the Day
The best way to knock the chip off your neighbor's shoulder is to pat him on the back.
Author Unknown

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I wish I was able to go to the retreat with you - those stairs are killers for me though. Say hello to all the girls. I am looking forward to the two retreats we are going to in June! Only a month 'till I teach at Athabasca and stay with you. I am really looking forward to it.

The sun is shining here too and the forecast is good so keep our fingers crossed.

It sounds like you are busy as usual. Shirley

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Debbie
I hope you have a great time at North Bow Lodge. I clicked the link and it looks amazing.
I hope the weather warms up for you soon. It sounds like you have more winter months than summer months in your part of the world!
Happy bunny stitching.
Lindsay