Thursday, March 26, 2009

My retreat....

came to an end last Sunday...... this is what it looked like when we woke up on Sunday morning....It was a good thing that our hosts drove our cars to the top of the hill - they then took us up in their 4 wheel drive - my little car would never have made it up the hill. Even tho' this is what it looked like at 9 am, I was in Calgary by noon and the snow had stopped and it was just horribly messy.


The above quilt is a finished "retreat project" that Julie had been working on for the past two retreats - it was so great to see it finished.... we all felt like it was our project being finished!!!

I completed a small baby quilt top and put together my borders for Baltimore Bunnies. I just have the bunnies to applique, then I have to put it together... so there are no photos yet of this Baltimore Bunny project - that is being worked on in its second year.




Thought for the Day
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
Melody Beattie

1 comment:

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Debbie
I enjoyed the pictures from your retreat. The finished quilt looks great. I love the baby quilt top you made and look forward to seeing the Baltimore Bunny Project when it's finised. I am not familiar with the Baltimore Bunnies.
Lindsay