Monday, April 14, 2008

Quilting Weekend....

Returned yesterday from a wonderful retreat weekend - I got lots of sewing done - all in the peace and quiet beside the Bow River at North Bow Lodge. I finished my son's high school graduation quilt - it is a simple machine applique done in oriental red and black. The quilting is simple in the center, but in the borders I quilted Chinese words - Peace, Harmoney, Happiness. I am quite happy with the quilting and think that I will put the Chinese words on the back with an explanation as to what they are. He is the last one in the entire family to graduate!


I also completed the blocks in my "All Things Christmas" machine applique quilt - I am quite pleased with them - and now I have to button hole stitch the blocks. The border also has an appliqued scalloped edge . The class I am teaching at Traditional Pastimes is coming along very well. Most students have completed the blocks and are learning to applique.



THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Rudeness is a weak person's attempt at strength.
Casey

1 comment:

Teresa said...

An impressive quilt - great job!