Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Little Friend....


this morning as I was finishing my four patch quilt and doing my laundry... and this little guy came to eat his morning breakfast on the ice. The lake is starting to freeze and this little beaver, along with another little guy, comes in the morning to eat... We have a beaver dam just at the end of our little bay, but we only see these little guys when it gets very quiet around here.... I hope they come around every morning!

This is the four patch stack quilt that I finished. The repeat was 12" and I used 1.5 meters of material to get 14 blocks. The finished quilt is 55 X 80 - so a nice lap size. I did have to buy another meter of the flowery fabric for borders and binding. I used red fabric that I had, as I originally bought purple fabric for sashings but just didn't like it when the quilt was finished.





I also received some quilt blocks in the mail the other day, another nine patch and another blockswap. I am very happy with these swaps.







Thought for the Day
I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being.
Abraham Lincoln

3 comments:

Betsy said...

your quilt and blocks are very nice.

em's scrapbag said...

What neat blocks. Like your quilt. Fun to see the beaver. What a treat for you.

StitchinByTheLake said...

What fun to be able to stitch and watch the beavers - I'm envious! blessings, marlene