Monday, February 22, 2010

Finishing up some UFO's.....

This has been a great month for me to finish up some of my UFO's (not everything is on my list - LOL).... I finished my Poppies Block of the Month that was part of our Guild program, another quilt that was part of a Saturday Sew Day with the guild ( I had to work that day but managed to get the top done), finished up two table runners, pillowcases for Boston Rescue, a quilt top PLUS customer quilting...
The picture top, right is the "Non Mystery" quilt that we did as part of a guild sew Saturday.  I had some Andover Civil War Fat Quarters that I used in this top. 


The pillowcases at left turned out quite well.  I think I will make a few more.  Below are the table runners that I made.  The sunflowers turned out quite yellow for some reason.... they aren't really that yellow.

Thought for the Day
A Woman is like a teabag.  You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water.
Eleanor Roosevelt



6 comments:

Karen said...

My favorite is the quilt made using the Civil War fabrics. Good choice.

Jennifer said...

You have been busy! The yellow runner is bright but that's OK, yellow is cheerful. I couldn't get the other runner to enlarge when I clicked on it. The Civil War top looks like being a useful quilt.

Betsy said...

You have been busy. Great projects Debbie!

Crazy Creek Creations said...

Nice tablerunners Deb. I love the bright one ans sunflowers are one of my favorites. A few of the ladies at our guild have been making these pillowcases as well, but I must admit I haven't taken the time yet. Nice to hear you're still involved in the puppy rescue - bless you.

missd said...

OMGravy! Just my luck to draw a Master Quilter! I just barely learned to measure twice and cut once! Your work is absolutely beautiful and perfect!So I will push myself to make the best block I can for you. I love your Pink and Brown choice. Mine are teal and brown! This will be a challange for me and so much fun.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

WOW you have some some wonderfully stunning work going on over there!! What a busy bee... some really lovely projects