Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dresden blocks finished.....














I finished two quilts from some vintage Dresden Plate blocks that I received from my mother-in-law. These blocks were purchased by her at a garage sale at the retirement centre in Penticton, B.C. The actual "dresdens" were pieced together - some by hand and some by machine... and only about three were hand appliqued to backgrounds. I finished hand appliquing these to the backgrounds. I didn't have enough of the original purple so I had to purchase some and these turned into the second quilt..... The fabrics for the dresdens are late 40's or early 50's and really are quite amazing.

I have a few orphan blocks from this set that I received - two large white blocks, two purple blocks - each different purple backgrounds - and 4 dresdens that need to be appliqued to a background. If there is anyone out there that would like these - please email me and I would be glad to send them to you. I cannot make ANYMORE of these - LOL..... and I hate to waste them. They might make great pillows or bags....

Thought for the Day
There is nothing so easy to learn as experience and nothing so hard to apply.
Josh Billings

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my goodness how wonderful are these. If no asks, I'd love them and would pay postage for them

Debbie said...

The orphan blocks have been spoken for..... thanks everyone!!