Monday, January 14, 2008

HAPPY MONDAY





Well, it's Monday - and looks like I am coming down with some sort of cold or sore throat. I did some hand applique today and finished some more of my dresden plate blocks. These blocks were given to me from a retirement center in Penticton, B.C., - they were at a "white elephant sale table". The fabrics are all vintage and the fans were cut out by hand and sewn together by machine - then appliqued by hand onto a poly background. I am almost finished appliqueing them all - I felt that I just had to complete this project for whomever had started it. When they are finished I should have enough blocks for 2 quilts.






My first completed quilt project for 2008 was a small table runner that I made from blocks left over from a small baby quilt. This will make a nice swap gift or secret sister gift, or just a gift for someone I like!


Today I am Thankful for:
My cold is only mild, I have the day off work!


No comments: