Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Quilting, Quilting.....

I have been sewing and quilting the last couple of days, because the weather has been cold. We don't have lots of snow but we have cold weather. A couple of Christmas's ago, I received a Christmas block in a Santa swap that I did..... I added some corner triangles and made the block into a pillow..... The block itself is completely handsewn and is lovely.




I also finished a Christmas present for a friend. It is not in Christmas colors, but I have had the fabric for about two years and wanted to make up the table runner. The fabric is actually redder that it is in the photo, and I am sure she will like it. I am busy getting cleaned up with lots of little things, sending out swaps, organizing little Christmasy type presents.


Thought for the Day
If you have zest and enthusiasm you attract zest and enthusiasm. Life does give back in kind.
Norman Vincent Peale

5 comments:

Teresa said...

You are so right...the pillow is so lovely. I like the table runner. My club has recently done some french braid quilts and I have been thinking of doing a table runner in the technique. Yours turned out really nice.

em's scrapbag said...

I really like your pillow. It is very rich. And I'm sure your friend will love the beautiful table runner.

Betsy said...

Debbie, as usual lovely creations by you. I love the color combinations of that runner. Lovely.

Lindsay-ann said...

The pillow and table runner you made are beautiful. We would call your pillow a cushion and what we sleep on in bed a pillow!
I hope you are keeping warm with all your stitching.
Have a lovely weekend.
Lindsay

Shirley said...

As usual, lovely work Deb! your work is so pretty- I haven't done much for Christmas this year. My GD and I are going to decorate pine cones on Monday when she comes over. I love
visiting your blog.

I think the cushion is so pretty and especially like the table runner. Good job, as usual. Shirley