Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Trip to Jasper.....

In July we took a 3 day trip to Jasper, Alberta. While I have been before, I have never taken the road from Edmonton; and needless to say it was beautiful.









The pictures above are of Athabasca Falls. This water comes from the Columbia Icefield Glacier and flows directly to the Athabasca River, which is where I live. The picture below is of a section of this waterfall that has dried up. Thousands of years ago this was part of the falls.

Thought for the Day
My profession is to always find God in nature.
Henry David Thoreau

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Your pictures are great and so is the thought of the day. You really hit the mark! Take care.

Betsy said...

Debbie those pictures are beautiful. I must admit you go to the best places. So glad you can blog about it.

Jennifer said...

Spectacular country!