Thursday, August 28, 2008

UFO completion and Stitchers Angel Swap




I have completed another of my quilting UFO's - Cherry Hill Sampler.... I really enjoyed quilting this one as I did all kinds of doodling on it..... I think this will be a Christmas present for someone...... not sure who tho.....




This picture is of the back of the quilt and gives a better idea of the quilting..... show up really nice to with the red thread on black.....



I can cross this off the UFO list!!!!

I also completed my first project for the Stitcher's Angel group. It is an armchair caddy - the original pattern was for embroidery - but I did silk ribbon embroidery instead.... hope my partner likes it!


Today I am going to poke around the sewing room, clean up and maybe work on some nine-patch fabrics made from vintage fabrics.

Thought for the Day

If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

2 comments:

Betsy said...

you did a great job on that arm chair rest. I am going to give it a try today if I can stop blogging!

em's scrapbag said...

Your quilting looks great. I love your quote today, so very true.