Friday, August 6, 2010

Quilts finished.....

I finished quilting two of my own quilts the last little while.  This quilt was my first hand applique quilt - started around 2000.  I used several different ways to applique.... and found that I prefer to use freezer paper on top with needle turn.  This top has been waiting a long time to be quilted - it's probably my longest quilting UFO...The pattern is called Country Bride.









I also finished quilting North of the Forty Nine from the Book All Through the Woods.... very Canadian.... and a real fun project to quilt.
So, I finished 2 quilting projects and added 3 to be quilting from my retreat..... the list goes on.








Thought for the Day
Enjoy the quiet times.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Congratulations Debbie on such stunning finishes.

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful applique quilt! And I love the Canadian themed block.

Crazy Creek Creations said...

Wow Debbie you have been a busy lady. I love love love the applique quilt - your quilting on it is awesome.

Shirley said...

Both are great -- I especially love the applique quilt. Your quilting has made it such a special quilt. Shirley