Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day.....



to everyone. I have had another busy week..... I received a lovely gift about a week ago from my secret sister on my machine quilting list - featherlite clamps for my quilting machine. I have been wanting to try these for some time... and I am very pleased with them. They hold the sides of the backing very well and the machine does not bump into them when I get to quilting the side borders.... Thanks Secret Sis!





I am doing a block of the month thru my guild and it uses the Kaleidoscope ruler from Marti Michell. I don't usually buy specific rulers, but I thought I would try this block of the month - and we had to buy the ruler. I am quite pleased with it. I made my BOM (smaller block) and then I made a block for a swap - it was quite easy to change to another size. I think I will be able to use this ruler for quite a while.


Thought for the Day
We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action.
Frank Tibolt

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Debbie your blocks are great! I too have that ruler and I want to make some blocks with it but as usual I am swamped.

Jennifer said...

I have one of those Marti Michell rulers but haven't used it yet....however I have a Big Plan for when I do!

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

I have used this ruler and it is fun. Makes a beautiful quilt. Good Luck--