Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Exciting News.....















I have some very exciting news.  I have been published!!! A quilt that I quilted for my friend, Laurel Francis, has been published in the Canadian Magazine, A Needle Pulling Thread. 

I quilted 3 of these last Spring for Laurel, in anticipation of her article in A Needle Pulling Thread.  The article also includes the pattern for this quilt, a queen size quilt and a hooked rug by Laurel's sister in law and business partner, Cindy Everett.  I have many pictures of these quilts being quilted and will have them on my website soon.  I wasn't allowed to post pictures until the article and pattern was published.... it was very hard to keep it all under wraps - only a couple of very close friends knew of the spread.  I have been quilting for Laurel for about 10 years - I started quilting for her on my domestic machine.... she is a great friend and designer.  She does not have a website at the moment, but if you are interested in her designs she can be contacted here.

6 comments:

Karen said...

The quilting is beautiful. It really adds to the design of the quilt.

Betsy said...

Debbie, congratu;ations. It is stunning.

Teresa said...

Congratulations on your quilt - very nice job.

Shirley said...

I am so happy for you and Laurel, Deb. When you talk to her say hello and congratulations. Having seen her work in person, no wonder she is getting famous!

I also have a couple of quilts you quilted for me so I know what a wonderful job you do.

See you at our retreat on Friday -- Shirley

Crazy Creek Creations said...

Wow Deb that's wonderful news. You did an amazing job, I can see why they wanted this gorgeous quilt with the even more goreous quilting in their magazine. Hats off to you!

Unknown said...

This is absolutley gorgeous and what a wonderful achievement.