Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm enjoying...

my retreat. Yesterday the weather was so beautiful... but tonight we are in for a snow storm.... so, it may make it tough to get home ..... Yesterday and today a few of us went walking.... this is the view looking up into the hills - as you can see the sky is blue and it was about 11 Celsius.






The picture on the left is looking out from our sewing area, which is on the lower level, onto the deck that overlooks the Bow River.





The picture on the right is the common area of North Bow Lodge - where we can sit and chat, have a fire, hand stitch... just enjoy each other's company. It is on the main level. The bedrooms are also on this level.



This picture shows our sewing area on the lower level. There is a small alcove towards the lower deck where we eat our meals. The quilt below is being pieced by Julie, who bought the fabrics when she was on a trip to France. It is a wonderful little quilt.

No pics of me, yet.... I will have to get someone to use my camera! Another update to follow with news of the snow storm that is supposed to be coming.
Thought for the Day
I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often.
Brian Tracy

4 comments:

Teresa said...

If you have to be snow bound for a few days, I can not think of a better place to be. That place looks wonderful!

Betsy said...

Oh Debbie what a lovely retreat you are in. Everything looks so peaceful and serene.

Shirley said...

Debbie - I am glad you had such a great time at the retreat.

I was hoping to go to North Bow to visit you, Noell and my friends but the weather interfered.
Your pictures are wonderful.

Shirley

Rhonda said...

Oh Debbie, looks like you were having loads of fun. What a wonderful retreat.
Take care.