Monday, August 25, 2008

4 months till Christmas!!!!




that is unbelievable.....!!! but here in my part of the country summer is starting to fade into fall. We have a few leaves that are starting to turn color... and the evenings are cooler - after the 30 degree weather we had a week or so ago that is a welcome break. I LOVE fall and am looking forward to the new season. We also get some nasty looking clouds - lots of days they don't turn into rain...The clouds usually pass quickly also - Our weather this morning is cooler with a chance of rain... perfect day for quilting!!!



I finished the quilting on the "Three Stooges Quilt" This will be a Christmas pressie for my brother-in-law. It is a small lap quilt - perfect for the couch. The quilting is just a plain meander..... good choice, I think, for a lap quilt.



I also made a quilted knapsack this past week. I made this pattern a few years ago and decided to make another one for myself. I just love it and now plan to make another couple for Christmas gifts. The pattern itself isn't that well-written, so it was a bit of a challenge for me.... but I think it turned out OK....
Thought for the Day
Treat people as if they are what they ought to be, and you can help them become what they are capable of becoming.
Johann von Goethe

1 comment:

Betsy said...

you did a great job on that bag.
welcome back. missed your blog.